Having trouble figuring out how to get crop marks or guide marks to print in your publications? Here's how...
To enable crop marks you have to both set your paper size to larger than your page size and then set your publication to use crop marks.
- Click the File tab to open the Backstage View.
- Click the Print tab.
- Under Settings, select the paper size pull-down menu and select an appropriate paper size. For example, if your page size is 8.5” x 11” (letter size), then you might choose an 11” x 17” (tabloid size) for your paper.
- From the print space, select the pull-down menu for your printer.
- Select Advanced Output Settings.
- In the Advanced Output Settings dialog, select the Marks and Bleeds tab.
- Under Printer’s marks, make sure that Crop marks is selected and click OK.